Saturday, July 31, 2010

Engine Tear Down-July 31, 2010


I got the engine completely tore down and cleaned. There were some chunks of metal floating around and places where the gears were scraping against the engine case. Found some makeshift parts that were questionable from the previous rebuild, so I am guessing that might have been causing some of the problems. Also as expected, the corks in the clutch were completely dry. Soaked those in oil overnight and got the clutch rebuilt. Now to put it all back together and get the parts off of the basement floor.


1 comment:

  1. Did you find that you needed any specific Vespa tools to do this? I need to rebuild my engine but I have been hesitant and looking for an expert to help me. I see you got the engine apart but did you ever get it back together and running?

    ReplyDelete