I got the scooter back from the painters. It looks great. The lighting in the basement doesn't do it justice, so I'll post some better pics of it when I can get access to a larger shooting area. In the meantime, I am about finished with the floor rails. The two sides are done. Now I am just waiting to get the screws back from the platers to finish the middle. Overall, it wasn't too bad of a job. Just takes some time and patience.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
I will be putting in an order today for a new seat cover to replace this sad thing. I emailed these folks pictures for an estimate, but never heard back, so I'll try replacing this myself.
I finished repairing the floor rails. They were covered in orange paint, dented, and bent. The two steps was to use a wire wheel to remove the paint and some hammer and dolly work to get rid of the dents. The rails were hand sanded to remove any scratches using some 400 grit sandpaper. The last step was to polish the rails using a multistep compound that I picked up at Eastwood for $35 dollars.
Eastwood Buffing Kit